Runners need to take precautions when running in the heat and humidity to avoid heat-related illnesses. Your clothing choices can have a huge impact on your comfort and safety during hot runs.
Here are a few tips on how to dress property for hot weather running.
To watch the video of this blog post, I included below!
- Wear Synthetic-Blend Clothing, NO COTTON (because it holds onto sweat and doesn’t dry quickly) CoolMax or DryFit to wik away the moisture from your skin
- Dress Lightly – light colored, loose fitting clothes
- Choose your running socks carefully – DO NOT wear 100% cotton socks, cotton keeps feet wet and will lead to blisters. Aim for the Synthetic blends that wik away the moisture
- Wear Shades – to help protect your eyes from the suns damaging rays
- Sunscreen – apply before getting dressed for your run. For your face pick a sunscreen that sticks so that is won’t run into your eyes. On your long runs prepare to bring sunscreen wipes or sunscreen in your belt.
- Carry a Water Bottle – The most important running ear, is a water bottle. Plenty of choices from a belt, backpack or hand-held. Go check out the different options and pick what is best for you.
- Wear a VISOR not a hat – Hat’s are too constrictive and traps in the heat. A visor will allow the heat to escape. Double score is a visor with a sweatband to absorb the sweat.
For more tips on long distance running, anything running or just to connect.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel below. And don’t forget to hit the “Bell” to be alerted for new videos!